Kim Dick , Registrar
Our goal is to reduce the amount of paperwork that a family has to complete for school enrollment. Please help us by calling to make an appointment with your oldest child’s school for paperwork completion.
Students are assigned to a school by their custodial parent/legal guardian’s residence address. All students must be enrolled by a custodial parent or legal guardian. No exceptions will be made.
- Parents/guardians registering the student(s) must establish their identity by producing a valid driver’s license or a picture id. Legal parental/guardianship is established by providing one (1) of the documents listed below:
- Birth certificate – must show name of parent(s)
- Custody documents
- Magistrate court documents indicating guardianship
- Power-of-attorney documents (military or civilian)
- Letter of placement from DFACS
- Residency is established by providing two (2) items from the specified list below:
- Current month utility bill or document verifying utility services established for the primary residence.
- Current phone or water bill
- Current lease agreement or home purchase agreement
- Previous year or most recent tax return
- Current year Department of Family Children Services documents
- Current weekly or monthly paycheck stub.
- You must also bring a certified copy of the child’s birth certificate, social security card, and certificate of immunization record (Form 3231), and EED (eye, ear and dental – if coming from another state). This will be needed when completing the registration process at the school.
School Transfer Requests
Parents/guardians of students may request a transfer under the following situations:
- Students who are the children of full-time employees of a specific school may attend that school and follow the feeder school pattern as long as that parent is a full-time employee in that feeder pattern.
- Parent/guardian who changes residency during the school term and wishes for the students to complete the year at the current school.
- Students requiring academic services which are not available in the designated area school.
- Medical conditions that create hardship.
Parents/guardians may apply for transfer through the Bulloch County Board of Education Transportation Department, located at 219 Simons Road. For more information, call (912) 212-8640.